View Single Post
Old 2014.03.22, 03:36 AM   #50
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Those subdued, nasally la-la-la-la's in MY FOOLISH HEART are sexy as hell.
I prefer the Bon Voyage version of Oishii Kisetsu for its more dramatic flow, but this new version certainly wasn't disappointing.
HZM couldn't have done Ona no Ko wa Dare demo much more justice. Somebody give this pianist a fucking medal.
Tsukiyo no Shouzou gave me the tingles (as did the bridge in Irohanihoheto).
Marunouchi Sadistic as it should be: a piano, a melodica, and no guitars or strings. When's the last time that ever happened?!

Also just want to say this is the best recording/mix I've heard from a Shiina Ringo concert so far. The bass is just right on my studio monitors, which have flat frequency response (±1.5 dB) all the way down to 39 Hz before any rolloff. The harp and accordion also come through crystal clear, and Shiina Ringo's vocals are at least as clear here as in any studio album. The highs have a very minimal amount of the live hiss/feedback/etc.. I don't really care that it isn't 96kHz this time. The 24bit is what matters, and there's no denying its inclusion when you listen to this blu-ray losslessly.