View Single Post
Old 2008.07.24, 04:35 PM   #9
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

that isn't the top secret part of the plot they wanted to keep under wraps. It has to do with some people doing experiments on women and the general idea of what is going on with those women and the experiments etc are what they wanted to keep secret because seeing as it was written in a serial nature, if they released too much information a tv show could take the idea and air the episode before the movie was ever released. However, once they started to keep it all a secret they seemed to have fallen in love with the idea of keeping everyone in the dark. I have to admit this is the first time I'm going in to see a movie with almost no knowledge of the plot of the film. I know a little basic filler but not very much.

It seems to be getting panned by critics because it resembles the tv show too much, but I don't personally see why that is a bad thing. I would love for this to be raved about and make boatloads of cash and warrant a big Alien mythology 2012 movie, but I'm not so sure if that will happen, and personally, I'd rather watch the characters interact and see a movie more focused on character arcs and drama/dialogue than any kind of action fest. Unfortunately they are marketing this as kind of something larger than it is I think, with the secretiveness and action in the trailers.

I guess no one will really know until the see it for themselves. But I'm maintaining my positive outlook.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote