View Single Post
Old 2007.04.13, 01:44 PM   #41
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Sounan 9
Blackout 8.5
I consider this blasphemy. Blackout doesn't deserve such a high rating. If you can praise Shuraba single ver and rip the album version such that you don't even consider it music anymore ChickShhh, I don't see why you gave Blackout such a high rating (good thing you didn't rate it above Sounan though), especially considering the fact that they sound almost the same in so many ways.

From what I can hear, Hata is essentially playing the same rhythm in both Sounan and in Blackout. (Any drummers want to confirm/deny this?) The same goes for Kameda, a lot of this bass parts in Blackout are an exact copy of Sounan. His part in the Blackout chorus is pretty cool stuff though. However, Kameda does get his chance to really play something really amazing towards the end of Sounan - a counterpoint of SR's guitar solo mixed with Hata's rhythmic elements; pity the bad recording glosses over it. Uki's solo on Blackout could sound acceptable if not for his tone, which makes my ears hurt (please stop your silly trills and start doing more vibratos, please). The structure/impulse/rhythm/arrangement of Blackout is just so similar to Sounan, it's almost like SR is trying to write another Sounan.

If Sounan is the Prada bag of all TJ tracks, then Blackout is just its sad made-in-China grade B fake. (No offence to people living in China.)

Now, Blackout fans, I would like to hear your defence.