View Single Post
Old 2007.09.11, 07:46 PM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

The first Japanese song I ever heard was Shiroi hada ni kuruu by Malice Mizer. It was so odd at first, sounded like opera and rock put together, plus more. The weirdest thing, though, was when I found out that their composer/guitarist was cross-dressing as a girl. I thought he was a chick for like a month!! It turned out this was from the period after Gackt, and I did not like the rest of the music from this era of theirs too much but this remained one of my favorite songs.

As I looked more into the band, I saw how they went through three different singers, Gackt being my favorite. Then I found out Gackt went solo after the band disbanded (this was around 2005, so they were disbanded for a few years already) and I got into his music. He's one of my favorite artists and was for a long time, until I discovered Shiina Ringo and the gang. But anyway, after Gackt I just went into many different groups, that stemmed from his general fan base area and most of them sucked which is surprising because I thought fans of his would like better music.

So, the main acts I like from japan are: SR/TJ obviously, Gackt, Malice Mizer, Bonnie Pink, Miyavi and so many others but those are the main ones.

As for genres, just rock and pop. I don't like too much japanese pop because a lot of it is just cutesy stuff, but I do enjoy Ayumi Hamasaki who have a variety of pop, although I mainly just like her classical and acoustic albums, I don't listen much to her main studio recordings, just every once in a while.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.09.11 at 07:56 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote