View Single Post
Old 2011.11.10, 03:13 AM   #263
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by zombiestrip View Post
I'd advise you NOT watch the trailer because it practically gives away the entire film's story. But in a way it might not be a bad thing to see it cause, in my opinion, Drive isn't all about the film's story but about its characters (especially Gosling's). That's how I read it anyway. Don't make the mistake of thinking it's like Fast and Furious though, lol.
That's good to hear. I like a good character-driven (oh puns) film. I literally know only two things about Drive; that the general consensus is it's pretty good, and Ryan Gosling has some cool, white jacket with a scorpion on it that may or may not be important (I think). Oh, and it's possible that there will be cars involved as well.

Originally Posted by zombiestrip View Post
I agree with everything you said also about Saw. I love the first one and even though people ruined the ending for me, I was still enamoured by just how crafty the film was. I think for me, Saw, kickstarted my interest in films in a lot ways. The sequels are completely ridiculous although I do like the second and third since they, at least in my opinion, are the only films that SHOULD follow the original. I don't think the producers care whether the Saw films are actually good or not because good in their opinion is of course the profit they make on the opening weekend. The Saw franchise being that they are horror films scaled on a minuscule budget make for easy return come opening weekend which is exactly why they keep getting made year in year out (think Paranormal Activity, I suppose).

I almost hate the fact that each trap gets more elaborate with each film. I loved the fact that the first film's traps were not only basic in design and concept but the fact that they looked like something that anyone could've made. I think that's the truly terrifying part about it and why it's just brilliant. Oh well.
And the first Saw is actually the second-lowest grossing film in the franchise, imagine that.

Also, correction - there're apparently only seven films in the series. I could have sworn they slipped another one in there when I wasn't looking.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote