View Single Post
Old 2007.06.24, 06:25 PM   #40
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No, I don't think it was about the money. She's already got a fuckton of it, remember? And she's never been the greedy type.

I think it was out of loyalty/friendship to the woman who directed the movie, Ninagawa, who was already friends with Ringo. I think she approached Ringo, who agreed because she was friends with her. And she probably thought the project sounded cool, too.

Now, because they were time-crunched, I don't think it means Ringo half-assed the job. The songs still are very well put-together, for pre-released material (their ability to attract and hold fans who knew almost nothing of Ringo before--cough--and didn't realize this was a prehash speaks to that). And she did come up with some new songs. But she simply didn't have the time she normally would have had to work with, so she had to make do with what she had. She still worked very hard on HF, but she was limited in it, I think. That's the root of all the problems.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote