View Single Post
Old 2011.06.28, 03:23 PM   #39
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Is izawa's playing the fuzzy strumming that serves as the rhythmic backdrop for the whole song? If so that's probably one of my favorite bits of the song as well.
No, that isn't him. Izawa plays the other parts in the song. Ukigumo's parts should come out of the left speaker while Izawa/Ringo are the right speaker in most songs. There are a few exceptions such as Pinocchio in which Ukigumo plays both guitar parts in the recording.

Ukigumo is the weakest part of the song for me. His part sounds really, really good during the intro, but it gets more and more grating as the song goes on. He needed to play more variations during the song (like he did around 2:14 and early into the first verse) to keep things interesting. He didn't and it left me with the feeling that the song could have been better.

I must say, though, that the song has a much bigger impact when played on the album. I did not like Katsute wa Otoko to Onna at all. It was putting me to sleep and then Sora ga woke me right the heck up. Very good song placement there.

I'm not going to give my full review yet. I want to listen to it a couple more times and digest it a little more before then. I must say that my biggest disappointment is in the production of the album and not the songs on the album. Way too many times is Hata relegated to background noise. I had to really focus in to try to enjoy Hata's playing here. It's not fair to him.