View Single Post
Old 2007.04.30, 09:08 PM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You shouldn't quote something that's going to change.

I bought my first 3 CDs (Shouso Strip, KSK, Kyoiku) off of YesAsia, then bought the rest of my regular releases off of CDJapan and some newer limited stuff there as it was coming out, snagged a couple of rares (Electric Mole limited, Dynamite Out! first-press, Mayonaka wa Junketsu LP) off of eBay, and got the rest of my older rares off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions, via Shopping Mall Japan, most of them during the last 6 months (haven't spent money on much else during this time). And no, I don't know how to read Kanji - I'm just resourceful and persistent. I also buy newer LPs from HMV Japan as they come out.

I do my banking with Washington Mutual and they don't have any problem with me buying things from Japan with my debit card. I also don't earn much above minimum wage.

I've heard of Uwajimaya many times and I've been meaning to check them out, but I've done the math and they're not as good for me (from a bulk buyer standpoint) as CDJapan is. If you're not buying very many CDs at a time, but buying at least two, then YesAsia will be slightly cheaper for you than Uwajimaya.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote