View Single Post
Old 2010.02.11, 03:30 AM   #36
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

If having a median age of over 30 means something, maybe it should mean spreading the creative wings a la Tamatebako. I want SR to develop her rich gift for melody, not go into a more mainstream sound. After listening, I can only remember two of the new tunes at the moment: Zettai Zetsumei and Sweet Spot. The autotune intro to Ikiru is unlistenable. Actually this album might be experimental, but I probably don't know or like the J-pop acts they're referencing, I guess I'm at a disadvantage.

@kuro_neko: Would you listen to a pneumatic drill if the lyrics were good? Maybe you'd find it jarring in an interesting way. We get that you're not listening to a poor quality leak (laudable, especially if a band are interviewed as refining their groove, the final CD garage quality didn't help Kyoiku in that regard), but the tunes are not a patch on what is right to expect from an SR-related project. Most multilingual people I know don't go on about it like you do. You pick on one poster, but JR is the one person who posted what I felt on first listening to TJ, and has a much, much better taste in music than you. No offence and all.

Might post more later, I like a couple of songs (Zettai Zetsumei's really swinging) but I'm not sure there's enough of an album to go on.

Last edited by so_cold : 2010.03.06 at 03:09 PM. Reason: (retro) wanted to make post look more chilled out / readable where I could
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote