View Single Post
Old 2011.06.28, 11:41 AM   #26
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Don't know if it's worth it for me to do a blow by blow review or not, but I do want to say that this album definitely surpassed my expectations. It's nothing like the singles led me to believe it would be like.
Maybe that was their plan. release subpar, seemingly unrelated singles that would make us worry and expect the worst, and thus make the album itself seem really really awesome in comparison to our expectations when they manage to rework and connect the singles, and add in some pretty impressive new material.
I don't know, it worked on me I guess. I really enjoyed the album and the sound they seem to have adopted, (which, as others have said, is sort of like a combination of all their past sounds; it's cool and mellow in some places but also high energy and intense, without being too much) and I think this is the best any of us could have hoped for for this album.
Also, while I originally would reluctantly agree that songs like Sora ga natteiru or Atarashi bunmei were anime-ish, after hearing them in the context of the album, I can definitely hear some more deepness to them. They still have a sort of generic sound, but I think there's something else there underneath. And that's the awesome part of TJ for me.