View Single Post
Old 2011.07.03, 07:09 PM   #50
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
BLASPHEMY.

HOUSE is amazing. I own the Criterion Collection Bluray release. Not that I would blindly believe anything the CC releases is gold, but you can't seriously consider something they would pick as a potential "worst movie of all time." The entire thing is ridiculous and is supposed to be, beginning to end, its so ridiculously bad its actually good. I don't recall reused music to the point of it being obnoxious, but considering ti had a famous 70's popstar right the track, that doesn't surprise me.

I'd say the Haunted Mansion with Eddie Wilson. I remember they launched that together with Pirates back in the day, the first two Disney movie based on franchised park rides. Pirates soared while Mansion...well...it bombed with good reason. I can remember almost walking out of the theatre several times it was so bad.

I think you mean Eddie Murphy? Yeah, it was pretty awful, but to be honest, I don't think Eddie Murphy's made a decent movie since the mid-'90s. On a related note, I believe Guillermo del Toro is supposed to be remaking Mansion at some point, if that's still in the works.

As far a House goes, I get it, that it's so bad it's good for a lot of people, but that movie far surpasses even that threshold for me. I was just left confused and completely unsatisfied. And I'm usually the type to enjoy terrible movies, along the lines of Mario Bros. Maybe it's just not for me, but I literally didn't even laugh once at the audacity of House. I just sat there with my brow furrowed.

And the piece I was talking about is the piano jingle/main theme here. Maybe not the majority of the movie, but definitely A LOT and mainly during the most inopportune times. It was often enough that it went from ironic to annoying pretty quick for me.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote