View Single Post
Old 2009.12.25, 09:15 PM   #55
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Cameron know exactly how to play with your emotions and when it comes down to the action, you are so immersed in what's going on, that you forget all the bad lines and the clicheed characters.
i never forget.

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
If you hate Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and never watched The Lord of the Rings, then yes, you can skip Avatar.
Otherwise you have no choice but to go see it.
dude, i guess i can skip on it then, because it's like you just described me. i hate star wars and jones, and only saw half of the first lord of the rings. i'm surprised you were able to stereotype that so easily. (not sure if stereotype is the right word but i'm too tired to bother with it).

Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
I know you guys are all saying that people were crying in the theater and what not, and I accept that people interpret things differently, but for me it is so hard to get emotional over such a tried plot. I know that there probably was depth put into the movie, but the characters all seemed so flat (Haha, yes, I did see it in RealD) to me, as if they were just along for the same old ride. Not one character made me look forward to them being on screen. I felt as if I had met them all before.
this is a better way to say what i was trying to say =). no matter how much pace or depth the characters would have, i wouldn't be able to get over the plot. i guess people's tolerance of that is different, as everything else.

on another movie mentioned, There will be Blood really is amazing. jeez, i loved it. partly was because i related to the main character (i can't remember his name now, i'm so bad with names) in that he was so agressive in his desire for success. he has this great bit where he starts, "i have a competition in me," and gives a creepy little talk of it and hatreds and that fire. but overall, it was very well presented; the soundtrack was a mix of eerie orchestrations and some other odd sounds and was mixed in at all the right moments--none of that pop soundtrack nonsense, and it was just very raw. there were some very nice shots and the things this man puts at stake in his life are almost scary. highly recommended, this movie.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote