Thread: The TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.04.03, 09:23 AM   #43
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ugly Betty!

spoilers:
I am a little annoyed at how they're handling the whole Justin dating a guy thing. So basically, it seems like for years Justin has refused to face his sexuality. He acts stereotypically gay, but he's denied being gay on one occasion and when he went through that rebellious phase he had a girlfriend or something, and then just now he had a crush on a girl (or so he thought? I don't know!). And then ALL OF A SUDDEN he kisses one guy, evidently it's great (because of the whole 'everything else goes gray' thing that happened), and now they are dating. But we get NO insight into how Justin made this crazy transition from "No I'm not gay [I don't want to be different]" to "Okay I'm dating a guy." What?!?! WHAT???????????? This is driving me crazy!

And for the record, in the same vein, I'm also annoyed with how quickly the miscarriage was brushed under the rug!! A miscarriage, I've heard, is a BIG DEAL for a woman to go through. Yet the next episode Hilda was FINE. What the hell?!?!

Otherwise, loving the show, it is so amazing (if a bit ridiculous as any nighttime drama/soap never fails to devolve into--looking at you, The O.C.) and I'm so sad it's going to be gone soon. Ugly Betty is what I want when I just want some fun mindless entertainment and it never fails to cheer me up. I really don't know what I'm going to do when it's gone--what else can I watch that's so happy and fun?? sigh..........
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote