View Single Post
Old 2009.12.23, 11:19 PM   #33
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I'd try and watch as little footage of the movie as possible beforehand to be honest. I'm glad I didn't watch that first vid before watching the movie, it had too many spoilers (not necessarily story-wise, but great shots that I didn't expect that were stunning in the movie like waking up in zero-g). The motion capture vid isn't so bad; it really shows off the tech with only snippets of footage, and the Cameron interview is fine too.
agreed, the less you know when you go in the better I think.

its certainly impressive but he didn't promote the heck out of the movie's amazing technology because it truly stands on its own. its cool to know how he did it and how revolutionary it is, but what is even more impressive is the final product on its own. when I was in art school they would talk about how there is no one way to view a piece of art and how the artist shouldn't have to explain their work, it should speak on its own. you give birth to this piece and its left to stand on its on merit in the world and people can take away what they want, but in hedo's defence, if I had this many people telling me I should see the movie I would probably resist too. Fortunately I stumbled into on my own and with relatively little exposure.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote