View Single Post
Old 2011.07.03, 03:43 AM   #48
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
HOUSE (ハウス)
Old Japanese haunted house film, along the lines of Suspiria, but oh so much worse. That piano bit that plays near the end is pretty much the soundtrack for the whole movie. I mean, literally, that song plays through about 60-70% of the film. I'm serious.
BLASPHEMY.

HOUSE is amazing. I own the Criterion Collection Bluray release. Not that I would blindly believe anything the CC releases is gold, but you can't seriously consider something they would pick as a potential "worst movie of all time." The entire thing is ridiculous and is supposed to be, beginning to end, its so ridiculously bad its actually good. I don't recall reused music to the point of it being obnoxious, but considering ti had a famous 70's popstar right the track, that doesn't surprise me.

I'd say the Haunted Mansion with Eddie Wilson. I remember they launched that together with Pirates back in the day, the first two Disney movie based on franchised park rides. Pirates soared while Mansion...well...it bombed with good reason. I can remember almost walking out of the theatre several times it was so bad.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote