View Single Post
Old 2012.07.03, 08:38 PM   #47
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by thefro View Post
If someone hadn't heard ULTRA C or Discovery, they'd still be really happy with the show I think.
Just got around to watching ULTRA C solely because of all the comparisons being drawn and having only seen partial clips of it. Man, that concert has by far the cleanest presentation (if not a little visually flat) and more importantly the strongest tail end of any Phase 2 concert even when you count Senkou Shoujo. Still not a fan of the first half, but then again when you lead with Kachi - FAIR - Denpa you're waging an uphill battle just to reset the standard of quality.

Then I actually watched Dynamite Out (turns out I had only seen Dynamite In) for the Phase 1 comparison. Well holy shit.

Beforehand I had only recently seen Discovery and can vaguely remember Spa and Treatment from long ago, so when I saw Bon Voyage it was like "oh, it's like Discovery with more novelty but a crappier ending, that's still cool I guess". But now? ffffffff

I guess all I have to do now is watch Just Can't Help It, so help me god if it's better than BV.

EDIT: A few song swaps and more effort with the audio mixing could have honestly put it on par with Ultra C. Diving into the back catalog or lent songs more and driving up the energy could have made it Phase 2's Dynamite Out.

Last edited by Positron : 2012.07.03 at 08:50 PM.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote