Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2016.02.01, 12:21 PM   #1701
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I like the mood/tone of this show. It's not over the top and theatrical but not too schmaltzy. It reminds me of Electric Mole or the phase 1 festivals where it's just you and the song. I didn't like the autotune/Gunjou Biyori/Nippon parts. Kamisama went really well with Mayakashi and Mayonaka.
Sorry, breh, not seeing the comparison to Phase 1 shows. This was Domestic Virgin Line or Spa and Treatment through and through. Complete with the "we're so lounge jazzy that we can't summon the energy for pop-rock" motif.

I can see why the fans who mostly care about Shiina rather than the music as a whole would dig this though. Shiina is great. The best she's been since EM. Subtle, but engaging in her stage antics. Vocally as good as she gets.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I like this. Maou being overly negative, me being a bit more positive.

This is how it should be.
For real. I was getting a little sick of reading my posts with your name attached to them. I'm the bad guy so nobody else has to be.

Don't you worry, though, I've got more...

What really is the point of Ukigmo? He can play guitar and "sing" when needed. But why? 90% of the songs on the setlist don't require two guitars. He adds nothing to Omatsuri Sawagi and Ringo used to play rhythm guitar in Gunjou Biyori adequately. Nagoshi could have played Mayonaka wa Junketsu by himself. Then the singing. Oi. Why is this guy embarrassing himself trying to sing along with Shiina Ringo in Omatsuri Sawagi? Just hire a female backup vocalist already, Ringo.