View Single Post
Old 2013.05.31, 05:32 AM   #29
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
why. why does this always happen!
Cause its music and music affects us on cognitive levels. Hence why it's so easy to be butthurt when someone says something negative against what you love.

That, and the only place on the internet that is dedicated mainly to Ringo is full of comments that are to outsiders bitter/bitchy (I had the same opinion about EMF when I first joined too remember, until I was able to figure out who's personality is what/when people are being in tongue in cheek/what's hyperbole and what's genuine opinion. The "most negative/people I disagreed with most of the time" people seem to have lone gone. No name calling here though, so don't ask :-p).

Though, Kuridamo is right in a way, nobody's opinion has changed about Ringo's music with this new single. I'll still stan her even with my reservations about Kodoku and the usual cast of characters will throw their usual 2 cents in :-p. We can only wait till Ringo releases a full album to get some real interesting discussion going. And with me in love with only 1 of the 3 post Carnation Ringo (by her, under her name) songs (Jiyuu (eh), Irohanihoheto, Kodoku (hmm...)) I'm kinda hoping a new album means none of these songs like Sanmon Gossip and Ariamaru Tomi.

If there's one thing I've learned about myself over the years on EMF, is how much confidence I actually have in my opinions. Nobody has changed my mind about Sanmon Gossip or Hesei Fuzoku (for example), I probably like them even more now than I did ever before. Maybe it's cause I'm stubborn, but I dunno, its a side of my personality that has only become clear while being on here. Anyway I'm really, really getting off topic here.

If there's just one thing I really would like from Ringo in the future is she'd just do another damn cover album while we wait for the next album or something. Maybe that would inspire her.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.05.31 at 05:53 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote