View Single Post
Old 2008.10.22, 01:44 PM   #6
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I wonder if anyone has the translation for the Stoicism video? Or just tell me the general idea of the things Ringo says. I suppose they are random things just to annoy the meeting?

EDIT:
Ok, this was what I could gather... I tried to translate, since it's all short sentences, but you will notice my lacking skills in the japanese language.

1- Shoppingu baggu ni taikou suru no ni boodoo tsukutta n desu te
Translation: ???

2- Toshiba-EMI

3- Yappa otagai kimochiyoku shigoto shitai janai desu ka

4- Kyojin, Taiho, Tamagoyaki
Translation: (In the old days, there was an expression describing what children liked most: "Kyojin, Taiho, tamagoyaki." Kyojin is another name for the Giants (baseball team), Taiho was an unrivaled yokozuna sumo wrestler, and tamagoyaki is a rolled omelet.)(source)

5- Matashita Beteran
Translation: It's a pun because "matashita" means "Lenght of legs", but "mata ashita" means "See you tomorrow"... Veteran.

6- Gokigen pechapai
Translation: Pleasant flat-chest.

7- Sasupenda nimousaku

8- Onbu Express
Translation: Piggyback Express
(This is the funniest one for me lol)

9- Kobara sukinshippu
Translation: Belly skinship.
(Skinship is a wasei-eigo, or a Japanese word coined using English root origins, initially to describe the closeness between a mother and her child due to the physical contact of their skin. Skinship develops through breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby massage or simply by carrying and holding the baby.)(source)

10- Chimame Karenda
Translation: Blood blister Calendar
(wth?)

11- Na... Nanuu

12- Konishi-san
Translation: It's a name, but could probably also be a pun... dunno.
Ko= Little; Nishi= West... dunno.

Thanks pariscombo!

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.10.23 at 03:52 PM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote