View Single Post
Old 2009.02.22, 07:10 PM   #1
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Would You Miss the Band?

Let's say, in everyone's opinion, Tokyo Jihen was capable of making music that was on-par with solo Shiina Ringo's (MM-KZK). If this was the case, would you still prefer to see her ditch the band and return to her solo career?

I may be alone on this, but I don't for a second want to to see Tokyo Jihen break up. First of all, I think Adult was her most enjoyable (though not necessarily best) work to date, and I expect more great music from this band. These days I don't find solo Ringo nearly as interesting as I used to, and I probably wouldn't enjoy watching her concerts if her band wasn't there with her. I thus have very little interest in the Ringo Expo, and I'm greatly anticipating something new from the band. It's no longer about Shiina Ringo for me. I'm so much more interested in the members of the band, Ringo included, making and playing music together.

For those of you who don't enjoy Tokyo Jihen as it is now, would you miss Ringo interacting as a part of a band (though not necessarily Phase 2)? This isn't a thread to talk about "what could be" with other band members. We've certainly had enough of that. I just want to know if you'd be satisfied with watching one musician singing on stage with a bunch of people you don't know.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote