View Single Post
Old 2007.05.06, 05:17 PM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Does anyone even own a vinyl record player these days, besides old fogies, shut-ins, and technophobes? :-)
After hearing the difference between a $1000 turntable and a $10,000 turntable, I'm too intimidated to buy my own. I do believe vinyls have a potentially better sound than CDs and DVD-As though, but my philosophy doesn't fit into any of your stereotypes. My problem isn't specifically with digital audio in general, but with how subpar the consumer implementation of it is, compared to what it could be. I'm a best-of-both-worlds kind of guy. I'll buy analog products and record them in extreme-resolution digital, to get the convenience and durability of digital, and with most of the richness of vinyl.

I have everyday access to a $10,000 turntable setup. If I'm only playing the vinyl once (to record it in digital), I'm not in any rush to purchase my own turntable, especially since I'm too much of a perfectionist to buy a cheap one, and if the good ones involve me giving up all new luxury/convenience purchases for a year. I take sound quality and freedom very seriously but I'm not that dedicated.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote