Thread: Ringo BoOK
View Single Post
Old 2009.03.31, 07:13 AM   #85
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Well according to the list, if it includes anything from H at all, the collection is missing all three of the H issues I currently have:
February 2000, Vol.32
February 2006, Vol.80
March 2007, Vol.93

It would be helpful if they listed Volume numbers in addition to month/year, so we could know that they know what they're talking about.

On a sidenote, if you track her history, Shiina Ringo went on the most epic media blitz in 2003 - before and after KZK. She probably donned more kimonos in 2003 alone, than all other years combined. Anybody who thought she should have won the kimono award, had to have seen at least some of what she wore in 2003. So basically if she managed to beat out the JPop Queen and JPop Princess, then the 2003 kimono spree was successful enough that the majority of Japan must have witnessed it - not to mention they still remember it, so you know it made a strong impression. You are only going to get half of the 2003 kimono photoshoots in the Ringo File (the alternative publications are ぴあ, バリヤバ, Bounce, Brutus, Sound & Recording, Gb, Keyboard, and there could be others I simply haven't seen yet).

It should be noted that many of the publications have their own personal style for what they hope to get out of their photoshoots. In the earlier years, some of the most prominent alternatives to Rockin'On Japan were like "Rawr! Girl power!" - which I'm certainly not against looking at, but I'm just pointing out if that's the kind of vibe you want, then you are going to have to do some collecting outside of the Rockin'On Japan portfolio.