View Single Post
Old 2007.04.26, 02:08 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'll give you Super Paper Mario, but it ain't out in England yet. The rest are good, but not amazing (Zelda isn't exclusive). Wii Sports has the most longevity, and it was free. The rest of the ports/mini game games/good games I'm now done with and sick of. The most underrated Wii game I have is Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. Serious fun with 4 players, and the courses are huge when you take into account all of the shortcuts and numerous ways down the track. Still... I completed it in 3 days, and the multiplayer lasted me no more than a fortnight.

If I had it [The Wii] set up, I'd probably still have the odd game of Wii Tennis or Bowling or Wario Ware with my housemates... but they're not worth the hassle of setting up the console for a brief play. They seriously need some online gaming soon. The Virtual Console is of no interest to me. I'd rather just play on my 360 til some more decent Wii games come along. Looking at a vague release schedule, I might be waiting a while.

As for Final Fantasy, I agree with Maou about Final Fantasy X being highly underrated. I might even say it is my third favourite after VII and VI.

As for Guitar Hero 3, I'm looking forward to it but they've pretty much admitted that they're just releasing pretty much annual disks of songs a la Singstar, with little to no innovation involved (Though the Wii may add some kind of motion control...). I don't understand why they don't just stick with downloadable content which would work (And is working) fine for the 360 and the PS3. Obviously the Wii doesn't have enough space for disks worth of songs, but it should have it's own unique game anyway with the controller, not another standard port.

Rock Band is where it's at. The original creators of Guitar Hero, Harmonix, have left the Guitar Hero project (Being replaced with Neversoft - the Tony Hawks creators, of all people) to have creative freedom over their new game Rock Band which is pretty much Guitar Hero but with a whole band. Yes, that means you can have your friends over playing drums, guitar, bass and singing. And the current Guitars will work so you'll only have to shell out for the drums and Mic's and even then, you can just use it as a Guitar game, upgrading at your own pace.

Edit: Just checked your link Tokyo Jihad. The Wii Guitar Hero 3 looks nice... but I'm much more looking forward to a Wii Rock Band (Thought it was 360/PS3 exclusive) simply for some Wii Remote drumming love!

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.04.26 at 02:13 PM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote