View Single Post
Old 2012.02.24, 09:56 AM   #16
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

*Maou is excited*

I like your points and concede many of them because I actually do like the much of Uki's guitar work over Hirama's in the song. Particularly, verse 2 and the coda. Howeva, I'll leave a few more notes for you:

- Hirama's solo isn't great (one of his worst actually, EM Gibs is my favorite), but I give him more credit for originality. For the most part, I like Uki's solos and wish he had gotten more. Unfortunately, Superstar is his worst as well.
- If Uki's second pre-chorus is what I think it is (it's been a long time since I've listened to any version of Superstar), I hate it. It's the dying yak sound, isn't it?
- The album intro was my favorite part of the song. The slick harmonics backed by the guitar metronome was fantastic along with the main riff. It had a wonderful music box feel which was unique for Phase 2.
- If the Phase 2 main riff is supposed to show beauty in simplicity, why is it more complicated than the Phase 1 verse? Seems backwards.

Please stay! I've never had somebody around here that can/wants to talk about guitar work. I've been dying for this day.