View Single Post
Old 2007.10.23, 02:21 PM   #8
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I haven"t fully digested the album, maybe 5 listens so far. Killer Tune sounds great as far as where it is placed on the album, it is like a breath of fresh air. I am happy that it is the last song in the main setlist on this tour. But Kingyo no Hako is at the top of my list. It really sounds like the product of a fully realized band, with a great TJ/Shiina only kind of melody, I love it.

I haven"t gone on record as saying this yet, but this is a great album. I think, as an album, it is TJs best. The first one has some of the best TJ era songs, but I can never get past the production. Otona has never worked that well for me, as an album. It does not have a great flow to it, for me, although of course it has many great songs. In parts of Otona, it seems it wants to be high concept a la KSK. And then a song like TNingen comes along and throws it off. It does not feel like it is finished, as an album. But this one works organically as a whole. for me. And again, it sounds like a band that has gelled and found its way.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote