Thread: The TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.03.25, 09:04 AM   #36
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
From the news/rumours I've heard, I thought they would be all eager to get away from America Ferrera (sp?)
none of that is true at all. america is a lovely girl according to my friend. she is very focused on her job and she has carried the entire series, so when she is on set she is very intent on working and very focused. most of those rumors come from people who are invited to set who aren't involved on a daily basis, like friends of friends or of production staff. naturally, after 4 years you get to know your entire family and its a surprisingly small group of people, so the rumors like that start when people show up and expect a moment with her or any other actor and get "dissed" by acting like they don't exist. we have this image of a heavy dorky America (same as Betty) who is sweet and loveable, but as America matured and became a woman, as did Betty, people started to say stuff like this because she was no longer the ugly duckling. Its a feeling of betrayal and jealousy and often happens in the media with women, anytime the girl next door gets too sexy. This started in Season 2 when Lindsay Lohan made guest appearances and they said that America was a total diva and couldn't stand to have her on set and get her kicked off (yeaaaahhh, I'm sure American is the reason *Lindsay* got kicked off...) Either way, rumors are rumors and you can't buy into what you read. If America was a total and complete bitch there is no way the show would come out as good as it has. From the middle of season 3 up until now it has been almost entirely an effort of love, constantly getting moved on forever being in danger of cancellation, almost from season 2 onwards. you can tell the cast and crew are really quite fond of each other and the show, and if anything I think people are starting to get anxious to move on to new projects. People handle goodbyes/endings differently, and in her case, perhaps she might become cold or focused on her next move, but a lot of that is to cover emotional trauma in ending a four year part of your life. either way, I wouldn't be so quick to believe the rumors are true, they smell of rubbish to me and my friend, who knows most of the cast personally, has never had anything negative to say about her.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.03.25 at 09:23 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote