View Single Post
Old 2016.03.25, 10:53 PM   #65
zee

zee pleased at least somebody

I've got my hands on the concert too and have watched it a few times.

The first two tracks are fantastic, Bonsai Hada and that wailing trumpet at the end I enjoy. As someone else noted yasahii tetsugaka is much improved. The moment that curtain drops is great.

This might be hard to believe (and controversial) but I think I enjoy the video more than the live. There is the chance to absorb more details I couldn't see from my (level 3) seat and of course at a Shiina concert there are no shortage of details to follow - lighting, costumes, video, projected lyrics etc. The live was 2hrs long and at the end of it I was quite worn out, mentally and I'd forgotten half of the set list by the time I got on the train home.

That's not to say I won't go to a live concert again - of course I'll go to a live concert again!

I am looking forward to this new era of Shiina's work. I know it's different to the previous eras, but that she's back with a new band and a high standard is proof of what a diverse artist she is; never wedded to a particular style and not too stubborn to change her older music. We can always re-live the previous eras with a DVD or CD
zee is offline   Reply With Quote