View Single Post
Old 2008.09.16, 05:42 AM   #36
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

few thoughts

firstly, it interesting to note that Ringo, during her MC, introduces herself and the band as Gyakutai Glycogen. After releasing SS and touring on Gekokujou Ecstacy, she did a month of touring with her side project Hatsuiku Status and then some with the Gyakutai Glycogen; arguably, this show is a performance by them, not necessarily solo Shiina Ringo, which is probably one of the reasons they were sitting on it until now.

During Nippon ni Umarete you can see a mannequin of Gekokujou Ecstacy Ringo hanging in the background during the performance....from this live, continuing with Baishou Ecstacy and the next album, Ringo was increasingly more Japanese style and less Western in terms of her appearance and style, so this is a comment on that, moving from one to the other (why she had the entire band play in yukata and such). This is pretty much summarized on the Japanese wiki as well if you think I'm just rambling from my rear end.

the sticker, as well as different logos for ZX say "wearing uwazouri (inside slippers) is strictly prohibited," kind of amusing.

overall the DVD was a nice little package, a nice glimpse into the past. I'd say for some parts of the show she seemed a little too much under the impression "less is more" aka bored looking but she really let it out on some songs....Unconditional Love really got to me and Nippon ni Umarete definitely proves Ringo doesn't need a pianist for Tokyo Jihen hehe.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote