View Single Post
Old 2010.04.04, 04:10 AM   #60
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think Kyouiku contains some of the best tracks SR has ever written, and although they don't have as many cool moments, or 'Easter Eggs' as the stuff on Shouso Strip, there's a lot of small things I like about them.

For instance: I like how, in Genjitsu wo Warau's verses, the piano/guitar/vocals seem to tease each other, keeping the carrot (apple) dangling. I like the emotionally unstable Ringo against a haunted backdrop in Jusui Negai. I love the smooth, sassy way she ends jissai no kisetsu ni kitai shite/jissai no matsuri ni miryou sare in Omatsuri Sawagi after samba-ing it up (This small thing makes the song for me! And it's sorely lacking from the DO rendition of the song; they just bulldoze it there)

I think Ringo helped salvage Crawl by combining it with Sigma. She fused two average/poor songs together to create one of the best performances of DO.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote