Thread: PE'Z
View Single Post
Old 2013.01.04, 02:49 PM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If you like Service, then you'll probably prefer HZM's solo-career over PE'Z. The band's trumpeter writes most of the songs, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

It's difficult for me to say which of the acts I'm more a fan of, because (while I consider HZM to be the most talented member of the band) I already got to see PE'Z in-person a couple months after Adult came out, and back then we didn't know yet that HZM was ever going to do anything solo. I also eventually got my hands on PE'Z REALIVE 2005. When you watch either that or his solo concerts, there's really no questioning why he left Tokyo Jihen.

PE'Z has the advantage that they've been around much longer, so you could probably cherry-pick at least couple albums worth of HZM songs out of all the studio albums PE'Z has ever released, but I haven't been keeping track of exactly which songs are his, because I need to migrate to a different tagging system to support that.

For you, I would suggest you start with the album TSU KU SHI N BOW (from 2005.03.09). You'll recognize one of the songs which was later used in his solo-career, but you might end up appreciating the PE'Z version even more than the solo version. There's also other songs on the album you're bound to like.