View Single Post
Old 2011.11.08, 06:33 AM   #92
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

going back to Adult, I disagree. Kameda did arrange much of Ringo's music but take a listen to her demo tapes. Most of what we have on MM and SS came straight from her demos and they ended up being produced and recorded in a very similar vein. Then take a listen to Himitsu at Dynamite Out and then what happened on Adult. The latter is Ringo writing a composition and then Kameda REARRANGING it to fit the concept of the album. It is significantly different than Kameda arranging and producing studio versions of older work, which don't feel drastically different from their demos. The difference between Himitsu live versus Adult is the greatest we've seen of anything and out of all her work is the only album Ringo acknowledges letting someone come in and suggest the concept and rearrange accordingly. Hence the turning point. Everything since Adult has either been Ringo taking a back seat or the band working as a group (excluding her solo releases, of course).

people who became fans post TJ will never fully understand or get it and thats just my opinion, but I feel Jihad's frustration because I've been a fan since SS - era. I don't dislike where Ringo is at the moment but I'd be lying if I admitted I wouldn't be happy if she released a SS2 or KZK2. Ringo is an alt rock goddess at heart and as much as she wants to be mature and write fancy songs to sell expensive cosmetics or housewife dramas, no one is going to love her like those awkward fans who saw a bit of themselves in her antics. she is committing once of the worst crimes an artist can commit and that is alienating the core fan base who is responsible for pushing you to stardom.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote