View Single Post
Old 2018.04.20, 06:18 AM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Fingers crossed this isn't just some weird anomaly.
Could be. This isn't my doing...

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
The vBulletin copyright notice says 2018 - so it's new software. I think this is for real...
Copyright notices on websites often say the current year, even if the software version is ancient.

I don't just want to cross my fingers. I'm trying to unravel why this site is working now when it wasn't before, and I'm dumbfounded.

-----

EMF broke when we got moved against our will to a new server with a different OS, and support for old versions of PHP (required by this old version of vBulletin) was dropped by the webhost at that same time. For security reasons I won't say what PHP we're currently running, except that according to all popular wisdom, this shouldn't be working.

This is the same old vBulletin version running on the same webhost we had before (just look at the Calendar which doesn't go past 2010), and they didn't send me any recent notices about un-breaking this site, or about anything else unusual/changing.

I will raise a huge stink with the webhost if they break this again, though.