View Single Post
Old 2011.12.11, 04:24 PM   #4
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

any album that gave us Etienne Trilogy and Cool on your Island is anything but "amateur," Y Kant Tori Read makes shit "pianists" like Alicia Keys look like con artists. In fact, if you were even ALIVE for 80's and remember the music, it actually isn't that bad. Today it comes off as nostalgic at the worst.

I don't think MM is amateur either, and KDKS is definitely not Ringo's worst song (that honor would probably go Futaribocchi Jikan or Iroikoizata...)

I mean if you want to compare it to KSK or SS I can understand your viewpoint but MM was Ringo at her pop-height, a lot of the songs were written as a teenage and show the truest influence to pop music. As such it was a tremendous hit and made everything else following it possible, so I don't really think hating it makes much sense. If you want to talk about cohesiveness I think it is the least cohesive of the "big three" if you say so, but in my mind Ringo's worst solo album is SG, and that is because she threw it together in six months and rather than think things thorough relied on inviting a revolving door of musical artists to come in and produce and guest appear on various tracks, making it much more watered down and schizophrenic that it could have been.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote