View Single Post
Old 2019.05.29, 10:15 PM   #125
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
KZK was life-changing. In my world, there has never been an equal, and there never will be. It was not only a great album, it elevated the concept of what music even was. Now I am willing to accept that a lot of that feeling is based on my personal experience, or maybe lack thereof, and that the experience is unique to that album and can never be duplicated, even by Ringo. But to go from *that*...to *this*....it makes me fucking cry, is what it does.
I second that
And DUDE, your panoramic description of how you feel music was fucking poetic!
But in my case musical ecstasy is when a song makes me feel as if I'm looking through the windows of a car that is entering into a big city at night in the rain, and I can see the skyscrapers far in the distance, until the car finally reaches downtown and I can see everything up close... OR when a song makes me feel as if I'm floating on a blue pool laying on top of a giant inflatable donut under the sun, and I bend my back and my head so my scalp can touch the cold water.
Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
Why phone in what could’ve been her strongest album since Sanmon Gossip under the guise of a Buddhist concept? Why include tracks that clearly don’t make sense on the album? Why not channel the creative energy that allowed amazing collabs with Sayuri Ishikawa and Megumi Hayashibara into creating something novel for Ringo's own work? This is really all turning the same wheel though, and isn’t going anywhere new.
I’d argue that Sandokushi is proof that Ringo still has the old ambition and artistic flair within her, even if she’s not quite sure what she has to say.
Exactly what I wonder!!! If the tracks she did for Sayuri Ishikawa e Megumi Hayashibara were in this album instead they would have made the album so much better! So she is definitely still capable of great things, why is she treating her own career like that? Maybe she is really unsure of what she has to say, that's why this trilogy seems like afterthoughts or unfinished ideas

btw, in Brazil we had a singer who wanted to be the Brazilian Kate Bush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbI92qeEu8

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote