View Single Post
Old 2007.10.09, 11:24 PM   #82
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I have the KYNK poster, and the Dynamite In/Out poster, and the Seteiki Healing Vol 1&2 poster. Ringo/Jihen posters related to DVDs are almost always disappointing to look at. The KYNK poster is nice though.

Posters are mostly last on my list of Shiina Ringo goods to pursue. There's a couple of heavy hitters who bid large everytime the same rare posters (like Honnou or anything from the Muzai Moratorium era) show up. I have my eye on a small handful of poster auctions already, but I'm also noticing the same abusive bidders I've seen before, and I'm gonna let the auctions go. Plus I've bought too many other rares lately, and my wallet isn't bottomless. For the price these same few folk will pay for one poster, you could buy several vinyls, and I haven't lost all my marbles yet, so I'm choosing my battles where I can win them.

That's one thing about roaming Yahoo! Japan Auctions all the time. You start to profile some of the sellers and bidders, and you know which opportunities are around the corner, and which bidders are serious, and which bidders are scavengers (placing weak bids on many rare auctions at once - hoping a few will go unnoticed and slip through). I would never call a true collector a scavenger if they were low on funds and just doing what they can, but I've seen people who bid low all the time, then just relist the few items they win, for jacked up prices. They don't get away with that shit on my watch.