View Single Post
Old 2008.02.07, 02:26 PM   #22
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Oh gosh, too many too name. I've been watching the show for years (It's been going since the 80's, I believe) but only in the last year or two have I had the ability to immediately check out the artists I've enjoyed on the internet.

It's not just world artists, even smaller unknown western artists that would never usually be given the time of day on British TV. The likes of Nellie McKay, Tinariwen, Richard Bona, Duffy, Soil & "PIMP" (Of course I was aware of them prior due to their involvement with Shiina, but it was their performance on this show which made me sit up and pay attention), Cat Power, Seasick Steve... quite a few more! Even if I don't check an artist out, it's still great to watch them perform and I love Jools' appreciation for ALL music and the fact that all of the artists on the show must stay on their stage throughout the show and watch the other musicians. It's fun to see people like Thom Yorke nodding his head and smiling while listening to someone like Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Even artists I love now I've watched previously on the show without looking into them, such as Sigur Ros.

You should, if possible, definitely check the show out. It's by far the best music show I've ever seen.