View Single Post
Old 2014.11.03, 08:15 PM   #10
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Seiko's music is more peculiar/unique, right? I think I've actually been mashing them together as one person for a while.
Well, yes and no.

There are undeniably elements that Seiko and Mariko share- but the main difference is that while Mariko has found her sound and stuck with it, Seiko is still expanding and experimenting.

Seiko's voice is far more ranged too, and her music style is more genuine. However, that's not to say that Mariko isn't genuine- she was just far more intriguing when she was part of Midori. Her first solo album was great- but the whole sound and act wore a little thin on the followup. I still want to hear the third album (which this new single comes from) but I approach with a bit of restraint- Mariko seems to have 'lost' quite a bit of her magic- quite possibly due to all the bullshit she's been through in her career in the last year- and I hate to sound shallow- but her voice is not aging all that well either.

Seiko to me is the hope for the future seeing as Ringo is content in bringing out standard pop (well, for Ringo anyway) albums nowadays. She brings something exciting to the table and it's exactly what I was missing.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.11.03 at 08:19 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote