View Single Post
Old 2010.02.20, 12:36 PM   #155
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

I liked nayth's artwork for Sanmon Gossip as well!

@spinnigold, just out of curiosity how often do you get music synaesthesia? My mother has it for letters and numbers and I used to have it as a child when I was missing one of my senses. Perhaps if I'm unsure if I have it, I don't really have it, but I definitely saw colours when listening to this album on a surprisingly deep listen about the third time around and I didn't like it. That was a contrast with say, Muzai Moritorium, where I was pleased to discover that the back of the CD had the right colour blue compared to the overall sound I was getting from songs like Sid to Hakuchiimu and Koko de Kiss Shite from YouTube. SR's voice is a very pretty silvery pink as well.

I didn't like the bright coloured moving diagonal lines I saw during Noriki's solo, or the pink balls that fell down like this Sony Bravia advert at the end of Denpa Tsuushin. Kimaru was a blue sea with dancing yellow carousel figures (you can guess what I'm describing in the music, it was triple-time iirc), which was very interesting but unsettling, and then grey Uki/Izawa came and sandblasted those colours away.

I don't care who thinks I'm random now.

Sports was more potent than the average album than I don't like though. I did really like my favoured tracks Zettai Zetsumei, FAIR and Season Sayonara. ZZ's been bouncing around endearingly in my memory all week. I think the lyrics might have been understandable, but I'll prefer to think of it as something very appealing just musically.

Last edited by so_cold : 2010.02.20 at 01:14 PM. Reason: romaji slip-up
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote