View Single Post
Old 2009.04.30, 05:43 PM   #5010
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
Osiris - The mixed reviews are probably due to the fact that there is a lot of talking (like 8 tracks of her just speaking her mind,) as well a poor editing job to the album as a whole. However, it's a different side of her that The Miseducation doesn't really display all that well. The reason why I started listening to her in the first place is because of the video below of her performing "I've Got to Find Peace of Mind," actually.

And this next video is my favorite Lauryn song ever. I have nearly 100 plays of it on my old last.fm account, and I still haven't become tired of it.

I love when she says "fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need, and I've just retired from the fantasy part" haha last summer I developed a crush with this woman that I'm just rediscovering now, by the way.
Wow. Just WOW. Both of those were great performances. Full of passion, honesty, and just great music. It's just her and the guitar completely exposed. I could especially feel her emotion when she was crying in the first vid. I think you may have just sold me on this album, bromithia!

Thanks a bunch for sharing those!