View Single Post
Old 2013.06.04, 09:56 PM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Hell no.

A non-Ringo reunion of Tokyo Jihen wouldn't be so bad if they got some other woman to do the vocals (even if I wouldn't like her as much as Ringo). If it were just the four boys, I wouldn't be interested at all, because I don't want to hear them singing to jointly-created songs. Bon Voyage could have been so much better if HZM himself had sung it instead of Ukigumo, while PETROLZ albums are so much better for not having HZM's vocals.

Izawa and Ukigumo are better apart than they are together. Their voices only work well in a singer-songwriter context where nobody else's strong creativity is factoring into the sound.

Mantra was weird, but it did eventually grow on me to where I wouldn't want the rest of Jihen (with or without Ringo) anywhere in that album. Similarly, I don't think I would've liked capture 419 more, if Izawa or Kameda had been involved.