View Single Post
Old 2018.05.09, 12:48 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I've actually been trying to get into Brazilian music & bossa nova a lot more these days! Now I finally have someone to get recommendations from! I know I'm not justriiingo or Linnéa but hopefully I'll do!
OMG
/o/
it's so good that there is someone interested!!!
And I was thinking this was going to be a thread with only me posting to myself
XD

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I like this guy's voice. It's got a very gritty quality to it while still sounding nice. Minimalist guitar and a nice drumbeat all the way through. I especially like the solo around 3 minutes in. What is the song about?
It's one of those songs about lost love, but the way the lyrics are written and performed is really remarkable because the tension is built until the climax (right after the solo that you liked). The way this guy phrase his lines is really particular, and he definitely know how to control the emotion he puts in his voice.
You know when you realised for the first time that you've really lost that loved person, and your heart starts to hurt, and your eyes get hot and wet, until a fat tear drips through your face? And this happens in 1 or 2 seconds. In my interpretation, the whole song is about the moment between this realisation and the fat tear.
So in the beginning he starts with something like "It's ok, I didn't even liked you. And that talk of 'loving you' was only to spend my free time", but then his voice grows softer when he is remembering the time he spent with his loved person, until he says in a very low voice "que pena!" which is like an interjection meaning something like "it's really a shame, isn't?!". That low voice with that line was what hooked me into this song, my heart dropped, it felt really heartbreaking!
The chorus translates as something like "And in saying 'it'll be be better this way' you killed me a thousand times without any pitty in your eyes. Now, my life I know by heart: I'm in jail, and the world is you, singing only for me"

good stuff

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote