View Single Post
Old 2008.09.17, 02:58 PM   #3
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Oh oh, thanks! I've always liked vinyl, so the recent interest in them pleases me as well. Is it just me or are labels really expanding on them? It seems like so much emphasis is being placed on them as special editions etc. and that wasn't like that some 5 years ago.
Also thanks for all the info provided; Pro-jects are being sold here in Slovakia in my city, so there's no problem eventually getting them. I'd have to get some better speakers though, no doubt, and with all the equipment it can get quite pricey. It's not like I'm buying it NOW anyway... but I'll keep your tips in mind for that time
How about Vestax? Are they good? A DJ has told me before that it's a good brand for an average customer; that is if you're no pro in the field, which I'm not. And one more question - are the USB turntables really THAT bad? I remember Glath said about them in some other topic that they're the "fast food of turntables", but then again from what I know they're totally common nowadays, and probably the easiest way to get a TT is an USB model.

cjhobbies, I don't think the replacing part is that dramatic and TTs are surely made to last for a few years before any replacing takes part
merman is offline   Reply With Quote