View Single Post
Old 2014.06.19, 01:10 PM   #274
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Not 100% sure, but I think I first came across Shiina Ringo's name in a Lonely Planet guide book in early 2011, shortly before my first trip to Japan. I remember reading a section in it about Japanese music and there was a short paragraph about Shiina and Tokyo Jihen, about how she had ended her solo career in order to be part of a band, which was enough of a weird career move for it to stick in my memory.

Also, a very very strange coincidence: I make music and the last two pieces I wrote before discovering Shiina were titled "Stem" and "Glips".

It always makes me happy to see great music find its way into cultural guides like this. A lot of the time the things I really like aren't popular enough to get any attention. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that particular Lonely Planet guide book to see what kind of things they said about Ringo.

It's so wonderful that you were able to find out about Ringo, even in such a peculiar way! KZK really is praised everywhere on album rating sites, isn't it? And what a coincidence it is that you named your songs with similar titles! I'd really like to hear them one day!

Welcome to EMF.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote