View Single Post
Old 2007.06.06, 07:04 PM   #67
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

(Note: It's to be expected that any Adult versus Kyoiku debate will eventually boil down to a Phase 1 Versus Phase 2 debate)

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Supposedly there is this low production value but I do not think so. I think it just sounds rough because they do not use many more sounds asides from the ones their instruments make and it is louder, but I do not think it has poor sound quality at all.
Muzai Moratorium with often the same instrumentation, sounds thicker, smoother, and clearer, whether the particular MM track has more instruments or less.

Dynamite Out! with the exact same instrumentation, sounds better, and I'm not just talking about the performance itself.

What listening equipment are you using to deduce that the recordings/mixes of Kyoiku are just the fault of the instruments? It sounds thin and dry more than it sounds rough, like somebody grabbed it off the radio. I have to preserve these particular tracks in lossless, because if you put them in 320kbps MP3, they sound like 64kbps WMA samples from Toshiba-EMI's website. It's a total letdown. Phase 1 fans have been complaining about it since before Adult even came out, despite how much they love the music of Phase 1.

And then the new fans get introduced to the lush recordings of Adult, and Phase 1 fans can't help but wonder if the success of Adult has more to do with the recordings than the music. The point we try to emphasis is that if we prefer Kyoiku, the only thing to love about it is the music, therefore Phase 2 fanboys are "naive", "unscholared in the ways of music", etc..
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote