View Single Post
Old 2007.09.25, 09:00 PM   #96
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

It seems clear to me Ringo's judgement isn't nearly as good as her songwriting ability, I keep hoping their going to say the leaked version was a joke. This would be a fine B-side album for anyone else but in the context of ringo and the bands career, it's trash. There isn't anything special about any single song, perhaps make an exception if you want to count Kuronekodou, kingyou no hako, and killer tune, but each sounds like something else.

KZK was the most brilliant album I've ever laid my ears on and all other ringo's has been just a few steps behind it. It was all arranged so beautifully and full of originality and the most catchy vocal melodies. Theres some parts on this album that just sound like they were written by some depressed emo kid and it throws off the whole mood, the vocal melodies are nothing compared to ANYTHING else ringo has ever made, and nothing sounds new, either ripping off old ringo/jihen or sounded way more typical than is normal for the band.

For anyone else this would be a B- or a C+ but for an artist who has never ever let me down as much as I expect it (I was pretty certain Hesei was going to do it until I listened to it a second time) this has left a huge void in music to look forward to. I truly hope this was just a failed experiment and they'll come back strong, until then, I'm dissapointed.

Someone please recomend me something to fill this huge gap that will remain until TJ's 4th album is on its way. Something with vocal melodies and arrangement as beautiful as ANYTHING ringo has done before this.

PS I'm sure I'll grow into this album a little more, but I'm positive I'm never going to love it, at all.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote