View Single Post
Old 2009.06.22, 04:28 PM   #4
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

The Doctor is awesome! I've been pretty infatuated with the new David Tennant series recently. "Blink" is an absolutely fantastic episode. And the Daisy two parter! He easily became my favorite doctor.

My mum was a pretty big doctor fan so I grew up with the opening credits of the earlier Tom Baker years emblazoned into my memory. But that's all I really watched. When they rebooted it, I watched it avidly because I really liked Christopher Eccleston, but it wasn't until recently I started watching it again.
It's really weird, because after getting used to the new doctor, I'd expect to be a little let down by the original series. But going back to Tom Baker, he's just as awesome and the writing and acting is just as good as the newer episodes. And the cheap props and effects really give it an endearing quality.

This also started an interest in the previous doctors. I watched one called "The Aztecs". Maybe it was because it was so early on in the series or the first doctor was just too boring, but I couldn't watch it all. I really liked the story arc I saw with the second doctor. I haven't ventured into Jon Pertwee or post-Tom Baker territory yet. But after seeing "Time Crash" I'm kinda excited for the 5th doctor, celery and all. Netflix has a bunch of these available streaming so I'm going to eventually work my way though the different doctors. ^^

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote