View Single Post
Old 2008.10.29, 08:56 AM   #34
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ophy View Post
I think we may be over complicating this. New users = good, but not needed. If we just expand a little bit, and allow for more topics of discussion FOR OURSELVES, then things will be just peachy.
I know that doesn't really add to the discussion much, but I don't have anything else to say on the matter. Keep it simple. It'd be nice to talk about movies and games on the EMF forums. I don't think we need an initiation for new users, or some crazy overhaul--that's just way too complex.
Exactly. At the moment we don't want to clog up the off-topic forum with individual movie, album or game threads so everything goes into it's specific "Gaming thread", "Currently watching thread" etc. Having a forum where we could openly discuss entertainment would not only keep the off-topic forum free from an overload of media threads, but it would allows us to openly discuss separate threads of each media rather than filling up 2 pages of the "Currently watching" thread with discussion about 1 show. We could just make a thread about that show/movie in the Entertainment forum and use the currently watching thread for what it should be used for - to just say what you've been watching, and not discuss it for a page. Keeping all entertainment in one forum will assure that it is busy. I don't think separating it into 3 "Movies", "Music", "Video Games" forums is really necessary.

Also, why not have a forum, or maybe a sub-forum of the Landfill where posts aren't added to post count and semi-useless threads such as the "3 Word Story Thread" can lie. Fun threads like that deserve a home, but people shouldn't be getting hundreds of posts from it. The forum could be used for other useless activities that are fun for a forum, but ultimately shouldn't contribute to post count. Maybe a new forum for this is overkill because such threads are kept to a minimum, but I still think something should be done about threads like the "3 word story" so that people can't technically spam their way to a high post count.