View Single Post
Old 2013.09.14, 08:11 AM   #129
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I could do without a 12th and precipitously less interesting version of Stem.

The Saito Neko arrangements sound like they belong as music playing in a flowershop. In general, most of these already sounded better in Baishou Xstasy. The HF version of Gamble is not bad but I find that much of what makes it good is the original version. Like when Paul McCartney plays Hey Jude or Maybe I'm Amazed backed by a full orchestra. It sounds full and awesome, but we already have points of reference for those songs. Its cool to hear those songs in that way, but they're songs we already know in love so the sell wasn't very hard.

I've said it before, but HF is KZK Grandma version to my ears (at least the Saito Neko rearrangements.) Like an easy listening repackage that an artist (like Paul McCartney) releases in their 50's or 60's, but done only 3-4 years after the originals!

The remix of Yokushitsu is so perfunctory they might as well have just titled it and left it a blank track.

The original songs are worth listening to.
I totally agree with this. I only enjoy Gamble and 錯乱 (TERRA ver.). Saito Neko is elevator music. This compilation lacks Ringo's energy. SG minus the Saito Neko songs is this kinda of stuff done right.

The remixes are about as interesting as the piano version of Poker Face.

Poker Face (Piano Version)
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote