View Single Post
Old 2019.10.22, 02:16 PM   #762
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'm thinking about watching Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark for Halloween this year.

My fiancee and I have decided to watch every movie we can find with the word "haunt" in the title. What can I say? We do Halloween in a big way. It's our favorite holiday, after all.

So far I'm here to report that no movie will probably top Robert Wise's "The Haunting" from 1963 on our list but some have come close. Oddly enough, we found a 1994 movie that had nothing to do with ghosts called "A Soul Haunted by Painting" about Pan Yuiliang, a famous Chinese painter. It's actually a very inspirational, touching story because she lived a difficult life and showed incredible tenacity though it all. She was a young prostitute who married a customs official and took his name to escape hardship and ended up doing Western style nude painting, which was severely criticized by the government and others and she was forced to leave to France for most of her life. It wasn't until after her death that her works got recognized in her home country. Very bittersweet but touching nonetheless. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in that sort of thing.