View Single Post
Old 2010.02.11, 02:09 PM   #47
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Old SR/TJ tunes had that special quality where if you made someone else do the vocals, it would sound totally wrong.
Haha why only see the negative? It was like....."This album is ew....These songs dont make me wanna kill myself though". You wanna have a conversation of YEAH I AGREE WITH YOU's over that? haha of course not. I'm trying to rethink and make you rethink and the only reason I need to tell anyone I agree with them is if its 100% dead on with my opinion like scribbles choice in songs from the album or if I want to add something to what someone said. Most discussion isn't really agreeing or disagreeing but you were the first extremely negative opinion about the album and I think it needs to be challanged the same way we all need to be challenged for saying the same good things about the album.

Statement makes a whole lot more sense to me, I can completely see where its coming from. I have to admit I can totally imagine someone doing a decent cover of sweet spot and maybe 2 other songs (Still wouldnt sound as good) and I could probably imagine a good indie artist doing better-than-the-original covers of zettai zetsumei and another song or two. The generic.....if thats what you think I can respect that. But I guess I'm not going to understand the comparisons, I can't imagine any of the bands you listed doing at least half of these songs, and even if they did the other half, it probably would sound a lot worse.

If I heard an old ringo song on a MIDI file without knowing it, I might be able to guess it was ringo from the melody and now I could not. Is that a bad thing or a good thing I dont know? It could mean shes too diverse now or it could mean shes lost something....probably a bit of both. Am I in love with the new album, I'm not sure, but I think it deserves at least a few listens on full quality....it isnt bad enough for me to deny it that and I suspect I will continue to like the 6 or so songs I like and have half of the others grow on me with the remaining 3 be decent filler between the good songs. Is it old ringo no? But I dont think its nearly as generic as you make it out to be anyway.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote